Don’t worry when the default Scanpst tool does not repair your PST file. It can able to repair only a few number of corrupted files. Here in this article, you will get to know how to repair PST file when Scanpst not working using a software called Remo Repair Outlook PST. The exported PST file gets corrupted due to a wide number of reasons. The default outlook repair tool is only able to repair the less corrupted or damaged files. It cannot help you in files with higher level of corruptions. So we need to use software like Remo Repair PST in repairing corrupt and damaged Outlook PST files. Watch the video below to find it how it is being done.
Steps to Repair PST File when ScanPST Not Working
Download the software and install it on your computer. Run it and you will find some options on the screen. The screen shows options to select it manually or leave it to the software to find it. Choose the option which suits the best and proceed to next step. In the following screen, choose your desired scanning method (Normal or Smart Scan) and also select the destination folder for saving the file after repair is complete. Clicking the repair button will scan the PST file. After it gets finished, it shows you the recovered number of emails, contacts, calendars, etc. You can view from, to, subject and date of the email in the free version software. Along with that, body and attachments can be displayed after upgrading it to the full version.
Advantages of Using Remo Repair PST
- The tool effectively recovers all the email attachments, calendar files, contacts, notes etc. from the corrupt PST file.
- It is able to repair PST files which even Outlook can’t recognize. As it uses strong mechanisms to repair, it gives best results.
- It can be installed on all Windows Operating systems from Windows Vista to the latest edition Windows 10.
- Supports repair of PST files created using different versions of Microsoft Outlook application.
- The software is able to repair oversized PST files which exceed its maximum limit. It recovers all the emails without missing a single one.
As this tool has the above advantages, it is used even if ScanPST is not able to repair.
Reasons behind Corruption of PST Files
- Due to the virus infections in Windows computers, it is possible that it can easily affect PST files as they are intended to make harmful activities in Windows systems.
- Abruptly closing Outlook application while exporting the PST file leaves it corrupted with partial data.
- Exceeding the size above its normal limitation leads to damage in PST files.
- Improper transfer of PST files over the network can cause damage in Outlook PST files.
- Corruption of Outlook software will automatically leave the exported PST file corrupt.