Microsoft Outlook stores all its information into a database file named PST (Personal Storage Table). Thus due to various reasons the PST file can encounter errors and eventually result in corruption due to its fragile nature. Luckily there are plenty of programs which can help you fix the issues related to PST file. One such tool is PST Scan Tool which has gained much reputation in repairing Outlook PST file.
Note: You can try repairing the PST file using built-in tool of Outlook called Scanpst. This tiny tool can sometimes repair the PST file when it is not corrupted severely. But make sure you backup the PST file before attempting to repair the file.
The major drawback of using in-built tool is, it will repair the file and manipulate the content if required. Thus in case the repair fails or if the things go wrong then the PST file will get worsen. For this reason it is not recommended to use ScanPST tool. But this drawback is covered in PST repair tool.
PST Scan Tool – Have a Look
- Repair Corrupt Outlook PST
The tool can repair the corruption which you are facing with Outlook. The tool can readily fix the issues including: header corruption, PST file damaged due to infectious items, improper configuration, errors many others.
- Recover Accidentally Deleted Emails
Not only fixes corruption but also programmed to recover emails that are deleted even from “Deleted Items Folder”
- Extract Emails from Password Protected and Encrypted PST Files
The tool has cracked down some unconventional way of extracting emails from Password Protected and Encrypted PST files. However at the same time promises you the security that is associated with the file
- Preview of Recovered Emails
Aims at giving you a comfort experience during whole operation, after completion of the process you can a have quick look of the recovered items
- Easy to Use Interface
The interface is simplified in such a way that any non-technical user can also operate the software without any difficulty
- Enhanced Compatibility
Operating System – Microsoft Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2003 and Windows 2008 (Supports both 32 bit and 64 bit PC)
MS Outlook Programs – Microsoft Outlook 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 & 2016
RAM Memory: 512 Minimum (1 GB Recommended)
Free Space: 50MB of free disk space is enough for installation to complete
Must login as local system administrator to complete installation
- Do not install faulty plugins or programs that are from untrusted source
- Outlook is no doubt equipped with many advanced options. So keep the things simple and do not attempt with any configuration until you are sure about it
- Sharing PST file over internet can make the things easier, but there are high risks of deletion of emails or corruption of PST file
- Abrupt termination of program caused by software conflict can adversely affect Outlook data
- Frequently backup your Outlook PST file so that it can be useful in disastrous events